Deliver Effective Teaching Techniques Coaching
Program: Effective Teaching
Module: Coach Effective Teaching Techniques
Deliver Effective Teaching Techniques Coaching is a professional learning module for instruction coaches. Participants understand the critical role of coaching to build a positive high-expectations school that cohesively delivers effective teaching. They can conduct observations and use the data in communicating to teachers and teaching assistants about their practice. They learn how to plan and deliver coaching sessions to support the school team in delivering effective teaching so that their teaching is more effective and student results are lifting across the school.
- Understand how effective teaching affects instructional improvement (2.1.01).
- Apply key practices that support effective teaching and positive behaviour interventions and strategies (2.1.01).
- Communicate a vision of instructional and behavioural improvement centred on effective teaching (2.1.01).
- Understand what constitutes effective teaching and positive behaviour interventions and supports (2.1.02).
- Apply cycles of practice that support effective teaching implementation (2.1.02).
- Communicate to leaders and teaching team what constitutes effective teaching and cycles of practice that support implementation efforts (2.1.02).
- Review observation and student mastery data to determine need for modelling, coaching and feedback (2.2.06).
- Evaluate need for practice based on observation data and communicate to teachers. (2.3.05).
- Review observation and student mastery data to determine need for reflective practices, structured feedback and peer review (2.3.06).
- Understand how to implement practices that promote a culture of professional learning (2.1.03).
- Communicate importance of professional learning through practices that recognise efforts of leaders and teaching team to improve (2.1.03).
- Plan training and coaching sessions to ensure all the school team is supported to deliver effective teaching (2.2.05).
- Plan effective practices for supporting fidelity of implementation of effective teaching (2.2.06).
- Implement cycles of practice to support fidelity of implementation, including classroom observations, demonstrations, modelling, coaching and feedback on effective teaching (2.2.06).
- Communicate recommendations of external experts to school team to build knowledge, skills and practice (2.3.01).
- Understand how professional peer networks can support shared practice and use of resources (2.3.03).
- Apply principles of peer collegiality through contributing to professional peer networks (2.3.03).
- Communicate with other schools and education networks via professional peer networks (2.3.03).
- Plan a schedule for program practice sessions (2.3.05).
- Implement an effective agenda for practice sessions (2.3.05).
- Review practice session attendance and follow up to increase participation (2.3.05).
- Plan opportunities for reflective practices, structured feedback, peer review and teaching standards (2.3.06).
- Plan professional conversations to clarify how school vision and values link to operational tasks. (2.2.07).
- Understand gaps between personal knowledge, skills and practice and requirements of own role (2.3.01).
- Apply recommendations of external experts to prioritise learning gaps and increase needed skills (2.3.01).
- Implement cycles of practice that lead to personal improvement of teaching team (2.3.06).
- Evaluate personal improvement of teaching team based on growth in teaching standards (2.3.06).
- Evaluate improvement efforts based on student mastery data (2.2.06).
- Learn Effective Teaching Essentials.
- Build Positive High-Expectation School Communities.
- 12 Lessons
Assessment has three stages:
- Test: Knowledge and skills taught in the lessons.
- Appraisal: Practical application in practicing knowledge and skills learned in the lessons.
- Mastery evaluation: Delivery with students of the knowledge and skills learned in the lessons.
Participants are eligible for certification based on attendance and completion of assessment requirements for each module.
- Certificate of Attendance: Complete online training and knowledge and skills tests.
- Certificate of Participation: Pass knowledge and skills video Appraisal.
- Certificate of Achievement: Pass knowledge and skills video Mastery evaluation.
Subscribe to our newsletter now!
Get weekly updates on live streams, news and more right in your mailbox.
Do not miss!
Are you enjoying the teaching resources?
Click here to share free access with your school team.