Positive High Expectations
- Understand how to develop a professional learning plan that takes into account individual and group learning and behaviour needs (1.3.01).
- Apply professional learning plan so that teaching faculty get regular access to the right training when needed and targeted training that deepens their knowledge and skills in academics and behaviour (1.3.01).
- Communicate how proper training grows leadership capacity (1.3.01).
- Understand the need for change and for a high expectations culture and no excuses approach (2.2.01).
- Apply a high expectations culture and a no excuses approach (2.2.01).
- Communicate to leaders and teaching faculty the need for change (2.2.01).
- Plan training and coaching sessions to ensure all the school team is supported to deliver effective teaching (2.2.05).
- Understand the role of agencies and outside partners that support health, well-being, and safety of students (1.4.03).
- Communicate regularly with agencies and outside partners to support students’ health, well-being, and safety (1.4.03).
- Plan regular professional conversations (2.1.07).
- Implement cycles of practice that increase professional collegiality, including professional conversations (2.1.07).
- Plan opportunities for collaborative practices in the school (2.3.07).
- Implement practices that allow everyone in the school team to contribute to improvement (2.3.07).
- Review participation of individuals in contributing to school improvement (2.3.07).
- Evaluate ways of improving participation in school improvement efforts (2.3.07).
- Understand how other agencies can support the health, wellbeing and safety of students (2.4.03).
- Apply effective collaborative skills in working with agencies to support students and families (2.4.03).
- Communicate importance of collaborative efforts in ensuring the health, wellbeing and safety of students (2.4.03).
- Understand link between data analysis and enhanced student results in academics and behaviour (1.3.02).
- Apply data review routines to ensure whole school routinely improves its instructional and behavioural repertoire (1.3.02).
- Communicate how student learning and behaviour is improving and link to improvements in instruction (1.3.02).
- Review participation of school leaders and teaching faculty in professional conversations (2.1.07).
- Evaluate participation data and encourage entire school team to participate in collegial activities (2.1.07).
- Understand how to collect and interpret evidence to identify excellent teaching and learning (2.3.02).
- Apply methods for collecting and interpreting evidence to identify and share successful strategies (2.3.02).
- Communicate to leadership and teaching faculty examples of excellent teaching and learning (2.3.02).
- Plan opportunities for reflective practices, structured feedback, peer review and teaching standards (2.3.06).
- Implement cycles of practice that lead to personal improvement of teaching faculty (2.3.06).
- Review observation and student mastery data to determine need for reflective practices, structured feedback and peer review (2.3.06).
- Evaluate personal improvement of teaching faculty based on growth in teaching standards (2.3.06).
- Understand cycles of school practice that increase community engagement (1.3.04).
- Apply practices around community school improvement partnerships to build a community-centred organisation (1.3.04).
- Communicate clearly with parents and community about school improvement efforts to build a positive high expectations school and community (1.3.04).
- Understand the strengths of the community (2.4.04).
- Apply this understanding and harness it to drive improvement (2.4.04).
- Communicate this understanding to the school team (2.4.04).
- Learn Effective Teaching Essentials.
- Build Positive High-Expectation School Communities.
- 12 Lessons.
Assessment has three stages:
Test: Knowledge and skills taught in the lessons.
Appraisal: Practical application in practicing knowledge and skills learned in the lessons.
Mastery evaluation: Delivery with students of the knowledge and skills learned in the lessons.
- Certificate of Attendance: Complete online training and knowledge and skills tests.
- Certificate of Participation: Pass knowledge and skills video Appraisal.
- Certificate of Achievement: Pass knowledge and skills video Mastery evaluation.