Learn Effective Teaching Essentials
Program: Effective Teaching
Module: Learn Effective Teaching Essentials
Learn Effective Teaching Essentials is a professional learning module for principals, instruction coaches, teachers and teaching assistants that is aligned to AITSL national standards. Participants understand how effective teaching leads to increased learning and overall school improvement. They can implement effective teaching techniques and practices in programs and resources, apply student engagement strategies, and build relationships with parents to support students’ school readiness.
- Understand the basic direct instruction techniques and why they are used (3.1.03).
- Understand the basic explicit instruction techniques and why they are used (3.1.03).
- Understand basic effective teaching techniques and practices (3.2.01).
- Demonstrate mastery of basic direct and explicit instruction techniques through weekly program practice sessions and then in classroom delivery (3.1.03).
- Communicate to colleagues and classroom visitors basic direct and explicit instruction techniques and why they are used (3.1.03).
- Demonstrate ability to teach lessons using direct and explicit instruction teaching techniques (3.2.01).
- Communicate with school leaders, colleagues, and parents the appropriate use of direct and explicit instruction techniques (3.2.01).
- Understand how direct and explicit instruction programs develop strong literacy and numeracy skills for all students (3.2.05).
- Demonstrate direct and explicit instruction techniques to build strong literacy and numeracy for all students (3.2.05).
- Communicate to parents how direct and explicit instruction programs develop literacy and numeracy and the importance of those skills (3.2.05).
- Understand how effective teaching is targeted to students to meet the physical, social, and intellectual development and characteristics of students (3.3.01).
- Understand principles of effective teaching and how it is targeted to students to meet the physical, social, and intellectual development and characteristics of students (3.3.01).
- Communicate to leaders and colleagues information about effective teaching practices and how it is targeted to individual student needs (3.3.01).
- Understand through basic research how students learn and how effective teaching responds to this (3.3.02).
- Demonstrate how research on students learning is incorporated into effective teaching techniques and practices (3.3.02).
- Communicate to school leaders and colleagues how basic research on effective teaching informs teaching practice (3.3.02).
- Covered by 3.3.01 (Incorporate awareness of the differences between students in terms of diverse linguistic, cultural, religious, and socioeconomic backgrounds and how effective teaching practices can be applied across student diversity and be effective for all students) (3.3.03).
- Covered by 3.3.01 (Incorporate understanding of the impact of culture, cultural identity, and linguistic background on the education of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students) (3.3.04).
- Covered by 3.3.01 (Incorporate differentiate teaching that meets the needs of students across the full range of abilities) (3.3.05).
- 12 Lessons
Assessment has one stage:
- Test: Knowledge and skills taught in the lessons.
Participants are eligible for certification based on attendance and completion of assessment requirements for each module.
- Certificate of Attendance: Complete online training and knowledge and skills tests.
Subscribe to our newsletter now!
Get weekly updates on live streams, news and more right in your mailbox.
Do not miss!
Are you enjoying the teaching resources?
Click here to share free access with your school team.