Teaching Technique: Prepare
Practice Prepare for Learning
Program: Teaching Technique: Prepare
Module: Practice Prepare for Learning
Practice Prepare for Learning is an in-depth practice module that teaches participants what happens when the technique is delivered with fidelity. They learn what happens when the classroom is not set up for learning with fidelity, and the barriers and how to overcome them to set up the classroom for learning with fidelity.
- Demonstrate techniques that engage students and deliver lesson components to fidelity (TS1.2) (3.1.02).
- Understand basic Direct Instruction techniques and why they are used. Understand basic explicit instruction teaching techniques and why they are used (TS1.3) (3.1.03).
- Understand basic effective teaching techniques and practices in academics and behaviour. Demonstrate ability to teach lessons using direct and explicit instruction teaching techniques (TS2.1) (3.2.01).
- Understand how to group students and maximise instructional time to manage classroom activities. Apply classroom practices across all activities by setting clear behavioural expectations and facilitating routines, orderly transitions, and bell to bell teaching. Demonstrate effective use of instructional time by managing classroom (TS4.2) (3.4.02).
- Plan how to group students and maximise instructional time to manage classroom activities. Implement plan to facilitate routines, orderly transitions, and bell-to-bell teaching (TS4.7) (3.4.07).
Assessment has two stages:
- Test: Knowledge and skills taught in the lessons.
- Observation: Delivery with students of the knowledge and skills learned in the lessons.
Subscribe to our newsletter now!
Get weekly updates on live streams, news and more right in your mailbox.
Do not miss!
Are you enjoying the teaching resources?
Click here to share free access with your school team.