Teaching Technique: Prepare
Practice set up the classroom for teaching
Program: Teaching Technique: Prepare
Module: Practice set up the classroom for teaching
Practice set up the classroom for teaching is a practice module that goes in depth for participants to learn what happens when the technique is delivered with fidelity. They learn what happens when the classroom is not set up for teaching with fidelity. The barriers and how to overcome the barriers to set up the classroom for teaching with fidelity.
- Demonstrate techniques that engage students and deliver lesson components to fidelity (TS1.2) (3.1.02).
- Understand basic direct instruction techniques and why they are used. Understand basic explicit instruction teaching techniques and why they are used (TS1.3) (3.1.03).
- Implement lesson sequences with fidelity, maintaining student engagement and promoting learning (TS1.9) (3.1.09).
- Understand basic effective teaching techniques and practices in academics and behaviour. Demonstrate ability to teach lessons using direct and explicit instruction teaching techniques (TS2.1) (3.2.01).
- Demonstrate grouping principles to set up an organised learning space and direct instruction groups with guidance from senior teachers and instruction coach (TS2.2) (3.2.02).
- Understand how to group students and maximise instructional time to manage classroom activities. Apply classroom practices across all activities by setting clear behavioural expectations and facilitating routines, orderly transitions, and bell to bell teaching. Demonstrate effective use of instructional time by managing classroom (TS4.2) (3.4.02).
- Plan how to group students and maximise instructional time to manage classroom activities. Implement plan to facilitate routines, orderly transitions, and bell to bell teaching (TS4.7) (3.4.07).
Assessment has two stages:
- Test: Knowledge and skills taught in the lessons.
- Observation: Delivery with students of the knowledge and skills learned in the lessons.
Subscribe to our newsletter now!
Get weekly updates on live streams, news and more right in your mailbox.
Do not miss!
Are you enjoying the teaching resources?
Click here to share free access with your school team.