Sign up for free Teach Spelling Mastery
Spelling Mastery Offer
Good to Great Schools Australia has partnered with McGraw Hill Australia to support educators delivering Direct Instruction programs. We offer McGraw Hill customers Spelling Mastery.
Our special offer!
- ACARA Maths Standards to DI Programs mapping document.
Teach Spelling Mastery is aligned to AITSL’s national teaching standards. Participants receive a certificate when they successfully complete the module. This can be used to demonstrate three hours of continuing professional development (CPD) for state or territory regulatory body requirements.
- Learn the key components of the Direct Instruction Spelling Mastery program.
- Understand the core instructional strategies for implementing Spelling Mastery effectively.
- Accomplish basic Direct Instruction techniques.
- Learn methods for gathering student data and using data to inform instruction.
- About Spelling Mastery
- The three approaches used in Spelling Mastery to teach spelling
- Overview of teacher and student materials included in Spelling Mastery
Prepare to teach
- How to deliver Spelling Mastery placement tests
- How to organise a classroom for success
- How to use the Teacher’s Guide and deliver the script
- Active monitoring
- Transitions and pacing
- Motivating students
Checking for mastery
- How to structure individual turns to receive important data about student mastery
- How to correct errors using the scripts in the Teacher Presentation Book
- How to correct errors using a general correction procedure
- How to use program and mastery test data to inform instruction in Spelling Mastery
Online and practical assessments
- Multiple-choice assessment to receive a Certificate of Training
- Practical assessment to receive a Certificate of Application
- Practical assessment to receive a Certificate of Mastery
Empty space, drag to resize
Subscribe to our newsletter now!
Get weekly updates on live streams, news and more right in your mailbox.
Do not miss!
Are you enjoying the teaching resources?
Click here to share free access with your school team.